Peekaboo client Third Door has come up with a solution that is simply marvellous for the summer holidays. Read all about it below. I only wish that I lived in London so that I could use it too!
School holidays are a notoriously difficult time for parents to get any work done. Now Third Door, the flexible workspace with on-site childcare based in South West London, has created a summer holiday programme for children aged 0 to eight that gives parents time to work, kids time to play and plenty of time for them to do things together.
Running from 26 July through to 3 September 2010, the programme will run weekly themes with different age-appropriate activities for children in the OFSTED registered nursery. While the kids play for three hours, parents can pop upstairs and use the WiFi-enabled workspace with hot desks and meeting rooms.
Kids will love the themes which will run as follows:
- Week 1 (26 – 30 July): Art Attack – A mural will be designed using children’s facial features and put on the wall for all to see!
- Week 2 (2 – 6 August): Bollywood – Dance moves will be taught as well as exploring this fun culture!
- Week 3 (9 – 13 August): Apprentice – Children will experience the life of a working person through fantasy and play, creating ways of gaining capital!
- Week 4 (16 – 20 August): Poetry – Using poetry to cultivate the children’s imagination, critical thinking and self expression.
- Week 5 (23 – 27 August): Sports – There will be no couch potatoes this week as children will be encouraged to GET ACTIVE!
- Week 6 (30 August – 3 September): Carnival – Musical instruments, hats and gowns will be made ending with a lovely picnic in the local park.
All activities will be adapted to suit children aged six months to two years, two years to four years, and four years to eight years, following the EYFS framework.
The sessions will run from 9.30am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm – 4.30pm and will cost £49 per session including workspace for parents or £39 for just the childcare. Third Door membership for the summer holidays will be £50, which can be redeemed against the regular full membership fee (£150) if they choose to become permanent users of the space. There’s also a 10% discount available if five or more sessions are pre-purchased.
“We know that during the school holidays, most parents are torn between needing to do some work, spending time with their children and finding things for their children to do,” explains Shazia Mustafa, founder of Third Door.
“With our three-hour long sessions, parents can book themselves in for the morning or afternoon, allowing them to get some work done while their child has fun and is well taken care of, leaving the rest of the day free for them to be with their child. Alternatively, parents wanting to work a full day are welcome to have lunch with their child in the communal Time Out space before starting their afternoon session,” she says.
For more information or to book a session go to www.third-door.com or call 0208 877 0098. Note: Parents who want to work full day or stay longer than three hours, should enquire as opening hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm. The Third Door space can be found at 16 Point Pleasant, Wandsworth, London, SW18 1GG.