In July 2007, our house was flooded. Thigh deep water throughout downstairs. It was a nightmare. We lost everything, had to live in a damp and mouldy house for a month (sitting on a bare concrete floor where the sofas used to be) and then had to move out for several months while the whole place was gutted. I had to work upstairs in my office during the entire restoration process. It was a nightmare that I just can’t face repeating. We were lucky though. We had insurance and managed to get our things replaced.
However, for many people up in Cumbria, they are now facing the same hideous situation, many without a hope of replacing their things without help. Which is why the idea to hold an online auction to help the Cumbria Flood Recovery Fund is such a good idea.
The Auction will be hosted by Bambino Goodies and is being coordinated by Kat Molesworth, Bambino Goodies Features Editor.
A specific email account for this auction has been set up: email@example.com
I’ve alerted many of my clients to this in the hope that they can donate a prize, but if you’d like to be involved, here’s what’s happening (from the team organising it):
The Plan: to gather a series of auction lots covering a range of values to be auctioned off fromMonday 30th November – Sunday 6th December the proceeds of which will be donated in full to the recovery fund.
The mechanics of the auction are being decided in the next couple of days we are looking into options including in house hosting and eBay charity auctions.
How you can help:
- Our idea is that each lot will have several items of low to medium value or one or two high value items. You are welcome to create more than one lot.
- What kind of items? That’s entirely up to you; we are willing to consider all ideas! The moredesirable the better. Whether it is products, shopping sprees, mystery extras or experiences; all offers are welcome.
- Postage: you will need to include postage to the winner in your offer, please let us know if this is UK only or available to International bidders as well.
- Please email your offers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have offered an auction lot we will send you a confirmation form where you can list all the details – this will be the official confirmation of your offer.
- All donations are to be confirmed by Thursday 26th November to allow us to set the auction up.
- We will confirm the details of the winning bidders following successful payment so you can post their lot to them
- Can you help us promote the auction to other potential donors?
- Are you able to spread the word through social media? We have large support from parent bloggers and would really appreciate every extra voice.
- Once the auction is live please stop by and bid!